(Makes about 12 Yummy mince pies)
320g ready rolled puff pastry
12 tsp Yummy Things luxury mincemeat
1 small egg, beaten, for glazing
Flour for dusting
Butter or oil spray for greasing
Icing sugar for dusting
You will also need:
A shallow bun tray and a 7.5 cm circular fluted pastry cutter
Star or heart-shaped pastry cutter
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° Lightly butter or spray a 12 –hole shallow bun tin.
- Roll out your puff pastry on to a lightly floured surface. With a 7.5 cm pastry cutter, cut 12 discs and use these to line the bun tin. Use your star or shaped cutter of your choice to cut 12 smaller shapes for the pie lids.
- Put about 1 tsp of Yummy Things luxury mincemeat into each pastry case. Carefully place your star on top of the mincemeat and brush the top with beaten egg.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Carefully remove the cooked mince pies from the tin and leave on a wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, dust with a little icing sugar and enjoy with a cup of mulled wine.