100g Soft margarine / butter
225g Caster Sugar
2 large eggs
150ml natural low fat yoghurt
5 tbsp of milk
275g plain flour
1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
100g of dark choc chips
12 tbsp of Seville Orange Marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / gas mark 5
- Mix the margarine / butter with the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs slowly until the mixture is light.
- Add the yoghurt, milk and sieve in the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- in the chocolate chips. Then spoon in the mix in 12 paper muffin moulds.
- Add 1 table spoon of Seville orange marmalade on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 /25 minutes or until golden. The marmalade will ooze to the bottom of the muffins as it bakes so you have a delicious warm marmalade for your last bite of the muffin!
They are like a muffin version of Terry’s Chocolate Orange.
I freeze any extras for emergency breakfasts or snacks when I want something homemade and I know exactly what’s in it!