350g / 12oz plain flour, plus extra for rolling
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
125g / 41/2oz butter
175g / 6oz light brown sugar
1 free-range egg
4 tbsp golden syrup
Jar of Yummy Things Ginger Orange Marmalade
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350F/Gas 4. Line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon, and pour into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the butter and blend until the mix looks like bread crumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together, add to the food processor and pulse until the mixture clumps together. Tip the dough out, knead briefly until smooth, wrap in clingfilm and leave to chill in the fridge for 15mins.
- Remove from fridge, roll the dough out to a 0.5cm thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using a star shaped cutter cut out the star shapes and place them on the baking tray, leaving a gap between them.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- When cool put a teaspoon of Yummy Things Ginger Orange Marmalade on each star.