This recipe makes about 30 whirls hence we split it to make approximately 15 of each to create a selection. By all means you can make the whole amount of one or the other by just doubling Spicy Apple Chutney or Chilli Jam as an ingredient.
- Lay out the puff pastry on a floured surface lengthways (horizontally) and cut it in the middle to 2 pieces.
- Spread the Yummy Things Spicy Apple Chutney on one piece and Yummy Things Chilli Jam on the second piece of puff pastry.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on over the pastry.
- Roll the pastry and cut into 2 cm pieces with a sharp knife, you should get about 30 (15 of each) whirls.
- Lightly brush with the whisked egg or a little milk.
- Lay them on a baking sheet covered in baking paper
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190C/fan 170C/gas 5 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve as a pre dinner nibbles.